BOOM! Studios is seeking a dedicated Marketing Intern for Fall 2014!
As a Marketing Intern you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience of the entertainment publishing industry and what it takes to promote both creator-owned and mass-market transmedia properties. Social media and networking are important parts of the position, so it’s required that you are familiar with various platforms. You must possess excellent writing and communication skills and be able to present your ideas to others in a clear and concise manner. You should be able to generate new ideas and think creatively—the more outside the box, the better! In addition to putting what you’ve learned thus far in school to practical use, you will gain invaluable real-world experience that you can use to improve your skills and be better prepared for a professional marketing position. We prefer to bring on a marketing/communications major student from the Los Angeles area. You will be interning at our Los Angeles office, located in the mid-Wilshire area.
What will be expected of you:
- A genuine interest in marketing
- A professional attitude, a willingness to learn, and the ability to take direction well
- The ability to think quickly on your feet, and react to adverse situations
- Outgoing and positive attitude, a natural conversationalist
- Resourceful and able to adapt to a constantly changing work environment
- Ability to write effective copy, and to communicate competently with people outside of the company
- Social media experience and comprehension, particularly Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Tumblr
- An awareness of what’s trending in pop culture
- Being able to dedicate three days every week from 10am-5pm for the duration of the internship, from October 6th to December 12th.
What you will learn:
By working under both our Brand Communication Manager and Marketing Manager you will gain insight and experience into the entertainment industry and what a professional marketing job entails on a daily basis, including:
- Social media marketing using various platforms, including, but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube
- Marketing a transmedia property
- How to communicate with members of the press, retail partners, and consumers
- What goes into introducing an intellectual property to new audiences
- How to write press releases, media alerts, and pitch e-mails
- Sit in on meetings and conference calls to learn how marketing initiatives are created and executed
This is an unpaid internship that can offer college credit. Applicants are not required to currently be enrolled in college.
To apply, email a cover letter and résumé to Stephanie at email@example.com. Please remember that this internship takes place in Los Angeles, CA, and that BOOM! Studios cannot offer any travel, housing, or meal stipends. Please, no phone calls or letters. Thank you and good luck!
ABOUT BOOM! STUDIOS
Founded by Ross Richie in 2005, Diamond Gem Award-winning “Best Publisher” BOOM! Studios (boom-studios.com) generates a constellation of best-selling Eisner and Harvey Award-winning original and licensed comic books and graphic novels with the industry’s top talent. BOOM! Studios is comprised of four distinct imprints. The original Studios imprint is home to Mike Carey’s Suicide Risk; James Tynion IV’s The Woods; Mark Waid’s Irredeemable; Sons of Anarchy; and Big Trouble in Little China. Steven Grant’s graphic novel 2 Guns was released as a feature film from Universal Pictures, starring Denzel Washington and Mark Wahlberg. BOOM!’s all-ages imprint KaBOOM! publishes Charles Schulz’ Peanuts; Jim Davis’ Garfield; Cartoon Network’s Adventure Time, Regular Show, The Amazing World of Gumball, and Steven Universe; Mike Kunkel’s Herobear and the Kid; and Natasha Allegri’s Bee and PuppyCat. BOOM!’s experimental imprint BOOM! Box publishes The Midas Flesh and Lumberjanes. In June 2013, BOOM! acquired Archaia Entertainment (archaia.com). Archaia is the Eisner and Harvey Award-winning graphic novel publisher of Mouse Guard, Cow Boy, Gunnerkrigg Court, Rust, and Jim Henson’s Tale of Sand. In October 2013, BOOM! Studios entered into a unique first-look relationship with 20th Century Fox, giving the studio access to its library of titles and giving the publisher access to Fox’s vast catalog of films. In August 2014, BOOM! Studios began a similar first-look relationship with 20th Century Fox TV to develop properties for the small screen.